The new standard: PT9 Ninety
IMO resolution MSC.333(90): On ships which are built on or after July 1, 2014, underwater locating devices must ensure a regulatory transmission time of at least 90 days.
Minimum Performance Standards
- SAE AS8045A
- IEC 61996-1 (2013-05) Ed. 2.0
This standard incorporates the applicable parts of the performance standards included in IMO Resolution MSC.333(90).
- Length 98mm (3,85 inch), Diameter 33mm (1,3 inch) same as PT9 C-Proof
- Weight: 187 g (6.6 ounces)
- Self-contained, lithium battery (field replaceable)
- Non restricted for transport (UN3091/PI970)
- Actuation: Automatically by both, fresh and salt water, at all depths from 0.15 m/0.5 ft to 6096 m/20000 ft within 4 hours after immersion
- Operating Temperature: -2 °C (28 °F) to +38 °C (100 °F).
- Radiation Pattern: 80% of a spherical pattern
- Operating Frequency: 37.5 ± 1 kHz
- Operating Life: 90 days
A new formulated ceramic coating topped the already excellent corrosion protection. Hence the PT9 Ninety withstands the extreme environmental conditions on sea even longer. Approved in long term testing and guaranteed by us.
BSH approved compatibility
The PT9 adaptor kits guarantee you the compatibility to all customary VDR- and S-VDR data protective capsules. Verified by the BSH, the international accredited Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency.